Pharmacokinetics of Posaconazole (Noxafil) as Prophylaxis for Invasive Fungal Infections
- Arm intravenous followed by oral:
- Start with posaconazole IV 300mg twice daily on the first day. Days 2-7 patients will receive posaconazole IV 300mg once daily.
- Days 8-12 patients will receive posaconazole PO 300mg once daily. Days 13-16 patients will receive posaconazole PO 200mg once daily
- Arm oral followed by intravenous:
- Start with posaconazole oral 300mg twice daily on the first day. Days 2-7: patients will receive posaconazole oral 300mg once daily
- Days 8-12: patients will receive posaconazole IV 300mg once daily. Posaconazole will be infused over a period of 90 minutes. Days 13-16 patients will receive posaconazole IV 200mg once daily
- 18 years or older
- Patient receives immunosuppressive therapy for acute or chronic Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) grade II-IV, reduced intensity conditioning regimens for allogeneic stem cell transplant, or first remission induction chemotherapy for AML/MDS.
- In case of acute GVHD grade II-IV, patient has received less than 1 week of immunosuppressive therapy
- Subject is managed with a central venous or arterial catheter
- Relevant history or presence of cardiovascular disorders (specifically QTc-time prolongation)
- Any signs or symptoms of invasive fungal disease or the use of antifungal drugs within the previous month
- University Hospital Leuven Gasthuisberg