The BHS may offer a travel grant to young hematologists to get training abroad in the field of hematology (BHS training grant)
- To be a BHS member in good order of payment - Applicant must be or become a BHS member in good order of payment (https://bhs.be/about/membership)
- To be less than 35 years of age
- There is no limit regarding the amounts of grants per year but the approval will depend on the BHS resources
- Applications should be sumbitted by end of May and end of November. The different applications will be reviewed and the BHS Board will decide which grants will be awarded in June and December.
BHS training grants : to get clinical or laboratory training abroad
- Maximum 2 grants per laboratory/department per year.
- Payment of the approved amount will be done after receipt of a complete reimbursement request (form B) after the meeting
- Obligation to mention BHS support on any publication resulting from the training.
Step 1: Applicant must send at least 2 months before the date of travel:
- Form “BHS training grants - Form A : application” (original Word file + scanned version with signature)
- Letter of support by head of Department
- Proof of acceptance of visited center
Step 2: After returning, applicant must send :
- Form “BHS training grants - Form B : reimbursement request” (original Word file + scanned version with signature)
- Certificate of training
- Copy of plane/train tickets (travel by car not reimbursed)
- Copy of all invoices/tickets
- Report on training program and other activities (1 page)