The BHS may offer a travel grant to young hematologists to plan to travel abroad (not in Belgium) either to a hematology meeting (BHS travel grant)
- To be a BHS member in good order of payment - Applicant must be or become a BHS member in good order of payment (https://bhs.be/about/membership)
- To be less than 35 years of age
- There is no limit regarding the amounts of grants per year but the approval will depend on the BHS resources
- Applications should be sumbitted by end of May and end of November. The different applications will be reviewed and the BHS Board will decide which grants will be awarded in June and December.
1. BHS travel grants : to attend an international meeting
- Maximum 1 grant per laboratory/department per meeting.
- Maximum amount granted 1,500 €.
- For BHS travel grants : have an abstract accepted for oral / poster presentation at the planned meeting
- Payment is made only when a complete reimbursement request is sent after the meeting
Step 1: Applicant must send at least 1 month before the date of travel:
- Form “BHS travel grants - Form A : application” (original Word file + scanned version with signature)
- Letter of support by head of Department
- Proof of abstract acceptance
Step 2: After returning, applicant must send :
- Form “BHS travel grants - Form B : reimbursement request” (original Word file + scanned version with signature)
- Certificate of attendance
- Copy of plane/train tickets (travel by car not reimbursed)
- Copy of all invoices/tickets