As announced when we launched the new 2011-2013 BHS course (see the attached announcement brochure and SOP), the BHS will organize a final exam on the whole 2-yr program.
Place and time
- The exam will be organized every year in June at the Hof ter Musschen, Avenue Emmanuel Mounierlaan 2, 1200 Woluwe-St-Lambert/Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe (see attached file for directions).
- This exam will take place on June 8, 2013, from 9:30 till 12:00.
- If necessary, a second session will be organized in September.
Who can attend ?
- Every attendant to the BHS training course (trainee or specialist) is allowed to take the exam provided that he/she has attended 8 out of the 12 seminars over 2 years.
- Nevertheless the exam is mostly designed for trainees who are allowed to take the exam anytime during years 4, 5 or 6 of Internal Medicine, year 4 or 5 of Pediatrics, or year 4 or 5 of Clinical Biology.
- Registration on the BHS website is mandatory to take the exam. Participants will receive a reminder and be invited to register a few weeks before the date of the exam.
- There is no fee to pay for the exam.
- The exam will cover all 12 seminars of the 2-yr cycle.
- The examination will consist in a multiple choice questionnaire based on questions provided by each speaker of the BHS course.
- The exam copies will be read optically by the Smart center at the University of Liège.
- Each correct answer will get a + 1 mark, each wrong answer will get a 0. There will not be any negative marks.
- To succeed, participants should give correct answers to at least 60% of the questions.
Format of questions
- Each question will have an introductory sentence followed by 3-5 proposals; answers will be of one of the following 3 types:
- (A) only 1 item is correct (answers 1-2-3-4-5);
- (B) none of the items is correct (answer 6);
- (C) all items are correct (answer 7).
Examples of questions are provided in the SOP.
BHS educational committee
- A BHS committee for Education, chaired by the Councilor for Educational affairs, is created. Members of the committee are the councilor for educational affairs + 1 other BHS board member + 2 chairs of BHS seminars.
- This committee will prepare a random, balanced selection of multiple choice questions. There will be 1 question per topic i.e. 72 questions in total (12 seminar x 6 topics each).
- This committee will also examine the global analysis of the results of the exam as provided by the Smart center, to identify possible problems before releasing the final results.
- Each participant will receive by E-mail a feedback on his/her results, including his/her answers to each question.
- An official certificate of qualification will award the successful participants provided they have attended at least 8 out of 12 seminars and they have managed to pass the examination with at least 60%.
- This year, the BHS is offering a prize of 250 Eur for the 3 trainees obtaining the highest scores at the exam.
- Specialists are not eligible.
- The winners will be announced on the website.
Yves Beguin, Past BHS President
Axelle Gilles, Past Councilor for Educational Affairs
Rik Schots, BHS President