PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS PACE AWARD 2022
SUBMISSION WILL OPEN ON SEPTEMBER 1ST!
Applications must be submitted online before midnight November 14th, 2021.
Which projects are eligible?
- Multidisciplinary clinical projects focused on the optimisation of care for patients with blood disorders, both in hospital or outpatient setting (but with a link to the hospital).
- The project must not fall within the definition of clinical research and may not be directly or indirectly linked to the use of a specific pharmaceutical speciality.
- The project must be carried out in compliance with the Protection of Privacy Law.
Who can apply?
Candidate must be a natural person, a member of the BHS, and be part of a multidisciplinary team. This team must consist of at least 3 persons, including minimum one doctor and one paramedical professional practising in a hospital setting (e.g. nurse, pharmacist, physiotherapist, social worker,...).
Candidates working at a pharmaceutical company are excluded.
A prize award of 10.000 euros will be given to the winners (maximum 2 winners each year). Please note, the prize money cannot be allocated to fund a salary, but it can cover activity and material costs.
The results of the PACE Award will be announced during the 2022 General Annual Meeting of the BHS.
The BHS PACE award has been made possible with an unrestricted grant from BMS and Takeda.
- Relevance and impact of the project in the improvement of patient care (25%)
- Multidisciplinarity aspect of the project (25%)
- Originality of the project in terms of the proposed theme (25%)
- Feasibility of the project (20%)
- Relevance of the budgetary estimate (5%)
The application must preferably be written in English** and must consist of :
- an information form containing the different project members and including the curriculum vitae of the applicant
- a summary in abstract format with a maximum of 500 words (including spaces) for possible publication in the Belgian Journal of Hematology
- a detailed project form with a maximum of 3 pages including a budget estimate Detailed project form PACE award 2022.docx
* templates are available in the submission tool
** applications in French or Dutch are acceptable, but the abstract/summary must be in English
H. Schoemans, UZ Leuven
S. Servais, CHU Liège
A. Janssens, UZ Leuven
C. Vierst, CHU Namur site Godinne
S. Michiels, Institut Jules Bordet
K. Saevels, UZA
B. Balci, Institut Jules Bordet
J. De Munter, University Hospital Ghent