The Belgian Hematology Society (BHS), with the support of an unrestricted grant from Sanofi Genzyme, has the pleasure to announce the “SAFYHR Award”.
Young hematologists or hematologists in training are invited to submit their project and apply for the Sanofi Award For Young Hematologist Research. All information on rules and regulations are available on this page, as will be the application form.
The deadline of submission will be Sunday November 3rd 2019, midnight. The “SAFYHR Award” jury will select only “one” innovating project which will be awarded with 15.000 euro.
The award ceremony will take place at the 35th BHS general annual meeting, February 15th 2020.
We are looking forward to receiving outstanding projects that can change the natural history of hematological diseases.
Ann Janssens, President of the BHS
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS SAFYHR AWARD 2019
Who can apply?
- Young hematologists in training who are MD and are within 10 years after MD graduation
Which projects are eligible?
- The topic of research is related to translational research within the field of hematology.
Projects can be submitted online. Submission via is possible via this website.
- Description of the research project including costs and timeframe (max. 2 pages)
- Letter of support by a promotor from the department where the research will be performed (max. 1 page)
- Motivational letter (max. 1 page)
- List of publications (if applicable)
Submission can be done via the online module and must be submitted before November 3 (at midnight). Only submission through the online form is possible. Submission send by e-mail will not be considered.
Candidates working at a pharmaceutical company are excluded.
A prize award will be given to the winner. Please note, the prize money cannot be allocated to fund a salary. The results of the selection will be announced during the 2020 General Annual Meeting of the BHS. The SAFYHR Award has been made possible with an unrestricted grant from Sanofi Genzyme.