The Belgian Hematology Society (BHS), with the support of an unrestricted grant from Sanofi Genzyme, has the pleasure to announce the “SAFYHR Award”.
Young hematologists or hematologists in training are invited to submit their project and apply for the Sanofi Award For Young Hematologist Research. All information on rules and regulations are available on this page, as will be the application form.
The “SAFYHR Award” jury will select only “one” innovating project which will be awarded with 15.000 euro.
The award ceremony will take place at the 36th BHS general annual meeting in 2021.
We are looking forward to receiving outstanding projects that can change the natural history of hematological diseases.
Ann Janssens, President of the BHS
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS SAFYHR AWARD 2021
Who can apply?
- Young hematologists in training who are MD and are within 10 years after MD graduation
Which projects are eligible?
- The topic of research is related to translational research within the field of hematology.
Projects can be submitted online via below button.
- Description of the research project including costs and timeframe (max. 2 pages) - Example project submission SAFYHR award 2021.docx
- Letter of support by a promotor from the department where the research will be performed (max. 1 page)
- Motivational letter (max. 1 page)
- List of publications (if applicable)
Only submission through the online tool is possible. Submissions sent by e-mail will not be considered.
Candidates working at a pharmaceutical company are excluded.
A prize award will be given to the winner. Please note, the prize money cannot be allocated to fund a salary. The results of the selection will be announced during the 2021 General Annual Meeting of the BHS. The SAFYHR Award has been made possible with an unrestricted grant from Sanofi Genzyme.